At Ansley Corporate Entertainment, we work with organizations to help them infuse joy and laughter into their meetings, conferences and special events through engaging entertainment.
According to Zibbia, 90% of employees report that gamification makes them more productive at work.
Here are eight (8) reasons to incorporate gamification at your next team meeting:
1. Increases interest and attention – suddenly everyone is focused, tuned in and engaged!
2. Encourages team building, collaboration and friendly competition – let the hilarious banner and “smack talk” begin!
3. People love incentives – from company swag to gift cards, people love winning “stuff!”
4. More engagement = more retention of key information – people remember more when they are actively participating!
5. Connects team members through collaboration – reinforce team bonds and help coworkers get better acclimated with one another!
6. Improves retention of information – people learn and retain more through action vs. passive listening!
7. Infuses otherwise dry content with stimulating fun and interaction – give your team a fun way to take in and remember the duller content!
8. Discourages the dreaded “information overload” – leaving time for audience interaction helps to prevent too much lecturing – people learn in shorter bursts vs. longer lectures!
Studies show our attention span only lasts about 15-20 minutes (!!), so incorporating gamification helps to keep your team engaged.
On average, employees become 48% more engagement with the utilization of gamification.
A few examples of Gamification: Trivia Questions, Game Shows, Points Systems, Team Projects and Competitions, Minute to Win It Challenges, and more.